Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sonnet with Rhyming Handicap

Again there is no answer to the prayer.
I bookmark the page in Revelation
And step out to watch the heavens shimmer.
I see my soul drift in isolation
Amidst the wide infinitude of theirs
And close my tired eyes in supplication.
I sense a haunting presence drawing near,
And through the darkness discern a figure
Hovering aloft in the cold night air.
She glimmers and beckons me to join her.
As I move her aura dims and flickers,
A knowing smile and then she disappears.
I stand, blind, a victim of self-taught fears,
Agnation’s failure falling to despair.

2 Comments:

Blogger everythingisart said...

beautifully worded

6:36 PM  
Blogger stella said...

the softness of your poem is what i find captivating. it moves as gently as the characters within.

i wanted to read more :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home